Disclaimer

This blog cannot be viewed completely with Internet Explorer. For your viewing pleasure, we recommend Mozilla Firefox.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Il mio addio

In case you have no idea what that means, it means "My Goodbye" in Italian. This will be my final blog post for The Interact Times. After this, I will merely be a blog reader. -sigh- Let me tell you my story.

20th February 2006, I entered SMK Aminuddin Baki. It took my parents two months to finally gain approval from the Pejabat Pelajaran Wilayah Persekutuan to get me into SAB. That same day, I got the slip to choose co-curricular activities. I almost chose to join SABELS but with my cousin's advice, I decided to try something new.

I chose Interact.

To this day, I have NEVER regretted being in the club. I've learned lots of new things, found awesome friends, participated in FOUR IU Days, helped out with some projects along the way.... Basically, I really enjoyed the club.

Two years ago, in Form 3, I decided to try my luck. I went for the interview to select the BOD of 2008/2009 to apply as one of the Deputies. I was too scared to try out for one of the director posts. Apparently, the seniors saw potential in me and I was given the post of Sergeant-At-Arms.

As a newbie in the BOD, I tried my hardest to do my best but it wasn't enough. One of the seniors somewhat scolded me for not doing my best. When time came for the interview for BOD 2009/2010, I applied for the post of Secretary. To my horror, I developed a severe case of flu and tonsilitis. I even lost my voice! So, I had to skip the interview.

During AGM, I discovered that I was given the post of Publicity Deputy instead of Secretary. I discovered that I was the only fifth-former to be given the post of a Deputy. I was crushed. I wanted to quit Interact. I felt that maybe the seniors had been somewhat biased in choosing the new BOD.

But I stayed.

I wanted to prove everybody wrong. I wanted everyone to see how responsible I am. I want everyone to see that I can do well in the Publicity Department despite my shyness towards new people and my fear of public speaking. But I found my medium: The Interact Times. While this blog may not be known to all Interactors, it did serve a purpose. To me, at least. I finally came out of my shell.

And let me share you an accomplishment of both me and the club. With the help of the Publicity Director of Methodist Boys School KL; Joel Kuan, the two of us managed to do a good job in publicising this year's IU Day. And thanks from support from everybody, our IU Day was a success.

And so, here comes the moment I dread most. Here comes goodbye. Imagine if I had chosen SABELS back in form one? Imagine if I quit just because I hated my post? I would've never learned or gained a lot of life experience. To all Interactors, past and present: I would like to apologise if ever, i have offended you in anyway. To the new BOD, I hope you all will be better than the BOD of 2009/2010.

To Phoebe and Lisha, promise me that you'll take care of this blog better than I did. After all, this blog is like my own baby -sniff- :')

Photobucket


This is me, signing out for good. :')

P/S: You guys can still contact me through my Formspring or even visit my Tumblr :)
ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment